If you ever wondered what it would be like to have cities or even the entire world as your sandbox, grab your shovel and pail because we have an opportunity for you. Upland is the earth’s metaverse that sits on top of the real world where people buy, sell and trade virtual properties based on actual addresses. Players compete and win rewards in mini-games, connect virtually with a thriving, passionate community, and can even earn money in their own virtual businesses.
Uplandme, Inc. was founded in 2018 by three serial entrepreneurs. The game launched into open beta in January 2020 and became the largest blockchain game just eight months later. Available for iOS, Android, and the mobile web, Upland uses blockchain technology to power “true ownership” of digital assets.
To expand its reach beyond blockchain aficionados and towards a mass-market audience, we are looking for an experienced and visionary 3D Structure Graphic Artist. Our ideal candidate will leverage their passion for miniatures, architecture, history, buildings, and 3D modeling skills to create iconic real-world Structures.
- Lead the overarching effort to instill a performance mindset into the Company’s culture, and integrate performance guidelines at every stage throughout the software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Build a world class performance team, create and enforce internal guidelines, evaluate and integrate APM tools for continuous proactive monitoring and tuning, and conduct performance/scalability testing and tuning
- Work closely with the Business Development, Operations and Engineering teams, to create system performance standards Participate in all stages of the SDLC, to ensure the system meets predefined performance criteria.
- Inject a shift left mentality for the Company’s engineering team when it comes to designing for and evaluating performance and scalability
- Implement strategy to monitor performance pre-production and in-production, and combine synthetic testing and real-time monitoring for maximum insight
- Predict future workloads and ensure system design and implementation are sufficient for future needs
- Lead the effort to conduct load, stress, endurance, spike, volume, and scalability testing, and build an information dashboard to visualize performance and scalability to date
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or an equivalent level of career experience
- 5+ years of experience designing and conducting performance measurements, finding and analyzing overarching system performance issue or bottleneck
- Expert knowledge of at least one of the Application Performance Monitoring tools such as DataDog, DynaTrace, New Relic, etc.
- Expert knowledge of at least one of load and performance testing tools such as WebLoad, LoadNinja, LoadRunner, JMeter, Rational Performance Tester, etc.
- Prove experience developing tools or assets that can benefit performance measurement
- Knowledge of relational databases
- The ability to think analytically, strategically, and creatively
- The ability to build relationships and effectively communicate across company disciplines
- Be a resilient self-starter and a creative problem solver that can adjust to change
- Comfort with the ambiguity inherent in a fast-paced startup environment
- Gaming industry experience a plus
Work with a passionate, highly experienced, innovative team and have a wide range of independence while solving fascinating problems that span gaming, economics, marketing, computing, and sociology. Capitalize on the opportunity to grow with Upland in terms of responsibilities and your career. We offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
Uplandme Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
If you are interested in this role, please apply directly here.