To date, players have earned over $1.8M US Dollars by trading properties in Upland! This is all facilitated by our digital NFT-to-USD program, courtesy of our partners at Tilia Pay. This program enables players to list any property directly for US Dollars, meaning when another player purchases your property you'll have US Dollars deposited into your account instead of UPX. While digital NFT-to-USD only currently supports property sales, it will be expanding to support all types of digital assets in the Upland metaverse, including Legits, Block Explorers, and more!
All players who level up to Uplander will automatically be added to the digital NFT-to-USD program. Players can learn more about how it works, as well as terms and restrictions here.
While you can buy and sell properties on the open marketplace for USD, the only way to acquire fresh properties is to mint them using UPX. Many players capitalize on new city releases by stacking UPX and minting several fresh properties at release. Players often take these properties and list them on the secondary market for USD, thereby turning their UPX holdings into real-world dollars.
As the metaverse develops, there will be a variety of digital asset-types that are only acquirable using UPX. This includes but is not limited to, Upland Legits (Collectible 3D Objects), Structure Ornaments, Block Explorers, and more! The true utility in UPX is the ability to acquire rare and unique digital assets, and subsequently, trade those on the open marketplace. Alternatively, players may opt to hold them and put them to use in player homes, galleries, and more.
1. All participants in the digital NFT-to-USD Beta Program must agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
2. Agreement to the terms affirms that the player understands that this program is in Beta. This means that service is susceptible to interruption and certain mechanics and restrictions are subject to change.
3. Players can sell up to 20 properties at a time with a $10,000 maximum on individual transactions.
4. Players will be unable to purchase properties worth more than $100 until their account has been active for at least 14 days.
5. Properties are unable to be sold via digital NFT-to-USD for a fixed period following the acquisition of the property (through either minting or secondary marketplace purchase.) See below for restrictions by Upland Status.
Note: Players from the following countries will be unable to withdraw funds via PayPal
Note: See all supported countries here.